Tom and I had spring rolls at a Thai restaurant a couple years ago and he loved them and said we needed to figure out how to make them. That's how this recipe came to be. They are now a family favorite - everyone will eat dinner if I make these. That cellophane wrapper looks intimidating but it's really not. Just get the small sized ones and they're easy. We originally bought the big ones and they were beasts to deal with. But these ones are perfect.
To soften them up the easiest way is to just run both sides under running water just to get them wet and then set them down on a cutting board. After a minute or so they'll be soft and ready to be filled with filling. I get 2 wet at first and set them on the cutting board. When the first one is all filled and wrapped I get another one wet and let it soften while I fill the next wrapper. That way there's always a wrapper ready to be filled (if that makes sense). This recipe is written only using 6 wrappers. I chop up all my ingredients beforehand and then just keep filling wrappers until I'm out of filling.
No comments:
Post a Comment