Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies

If you haven't had these cookies before- go buy some andes mints and make them!  Every time I make these cookies people love them.  I know several people who declare these their favorite cookies after eating them.  But I take no claim to the recipe.  I didn't make it up or anything.  Just another from a ward cookbook.  Love ward cookbooks!

Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies
3/4 c butter
 1 1/2 c brown sugar
12 oz pkg. semi sweet chocolate chips (I usually use half milk and half semi sweet)
2 eggs
2 1/2 c flour
1 1/4 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 pkg andes mints, cut in half

Melt butter and brown sugar in a saucepan.  Add chocolate chips until partially melted.  Remove from heat and chips will melt all the way.  Pour in a bowl and let cool for 10 minutes (or put in your kitchenaid and beat for a few minutes to cool it down).  With mixer on high, add eggs on at a time.  Reduce to low speed and add dry ingredients.  Chill dough for 30 minutes in the fridge.  Roll dough into balls (I just use a small cookie scoop.)  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.  Lightly push andes mints into each cookie immediately after they come out of the oven.  Swirl with a knife when melted.  Let set for 5 minutes in a freezer or just on the counter until set.  

No comments: