I am in love with these bar cookies. Seriously so yummy. But since I've made them about 5 times in the past month to take anywhere I needed to take something yummy to, I may take a break from them. But they are so good. I personally love s'mores. One of the plus sides to having a gas stove is you can roast marshmallows at home for them. But now I can just make these.
S'mores Sandwich Bar Cookies
1/2 cup butter
3/4 c sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/3 cups (8-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Mini Milk Chocolate Bars OR 5 HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bars (1.55 oz. each) (I just used chocolate chips or any chocolate I have)
3 cups miniature marshmallows
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan. (or double it and put it in a 9x13). Beat butter and sugar until well blended in large bowl. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Press half of dough in prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. (Don't eat other half of dough because it's so good) Sprinkle mini chocolate bars over baked layer or arrange unwrapped chocolate bars over baked layer, breaking as needed to fit. Sprinkle with marshmallows; scatter bits of remaining dough over marshmallows, forming top layer. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or just until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
2 comments:
I'm baking this right now. Sounds so yummy!
Hi Angie! Ashley Rindlisbacher brought me some of these yummy bars and I told her I needed the recipe. She told me they were from your cooking blog. We made some today with some mint chocolate marshmallows. Yum! Anyway, I love to try new recipes all the time, too, and I'm glad to have another food blog to add to my list!
Post a Comment