When I first saw this recipe I thought, "I'm sure I've had those before." But I discovered this recipe is similar to many but definitely better than anything else. It is seriously one of my new favorites. It is fabulous and easy- two wonderful things. I had to get these out of my house quickly or I would have eaten them all. These do need time to set before you eat them or you'll have an ooey gooey mess. That's not always a bad thing but you really do want these to cool off and then you can really enjoy.
Carmelitos
submitted by Melanie
submitted by Melanie
(this blog gives me one more reason I needed sisters- to cook and blog with)
1 cup flour
1 cup quick oats (sometimes I use regular)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chips (I like milk for this)
3/4 cup carmel topping
1/2 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup pecans, chopped (I never add these but good)
3 Tablespoons flour
Mix flour, oats, sugar, soda, salt and butter. Press half of the mixture into a 11x7 pan and set the other half aside. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and chopped pecans (if using). Blend 3/4 cup carmel with 3 T. flour. Pour (drizzle) over chocolate chips. Sprinkle the balance of the flour oat mixture over the dessert. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until light brown. Allow to cool and set before slicing.
No comments:
Post a Comment