Monday, February 2, 2009

Pistachio Thumbprints


We had a cookie exchange for Relief Society last month (yes I'm behind) and these were the cookies I brought. When I go to those type of things I really like to bring something different yet so yummy and this was my choice. I had never made these before but had heard they were good and from the recipe they seemed good. They were a bit of effort so I probably wouldn't make these unless I was taking them somewhere (or I'd find an excuse to take some somewhere so I have some to eat.) They were a hit at the cookie exchange and I could eat far too many of them. They would be good for St. Patricks day since they're green.

Pistachio Thumbprints
1 Cup Butter
1/3 C Powdered Sugar
1 Egg
1 t vanilla
2 C Finely Chopped Pecans
3/4 t Almond Extract
2 C Flour
1 Pkg. Instant Pistachio Pudding
1/2 C Mini Choc Chips

Cream butter, sugar and eggs, add extracts-mix well. Combine flour, pudding and add to mixture, stir in chocolate chips. Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in chopped pecans and place on greased cookie sheet. Put a thumb print hole in the middle of each cookie before cooking. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 min.

Prepare filling:
2 T Butter
4 oz. cream cheese
2 C Powdered Sugar
1 T Vanilla

Place filling in large ziplock. Snip one corner and pipe filling out onto each cookie in thumbprint hole.

Chocolate topping: Melt 1/2 C Semi-sweet chocolate with 2 t shortening. Drizzle lightly over each cookie.


In the recipe it calls for you to roll the cookies in the chopped pecans. I accidentally added them to the batter and they turned out just as good (yet I've yet to try them rolled in the pecans.)

No comments: