Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Skillet Lasagna

I'm back! So food and pregnancy didn't mix so well with me and doing a food blog while I felt like puking wasn't going to happen. I do have a bunch of recipes that I've made in the past while to catch up on so I'll get to those. But first this, since it's my most recent recipe I've made and loved. There are two wonderful things about this recipe. First, it's so easy and cooks all in one pot (love less dishes). And second, it's modeled after one of my favorite meals- lasagna. Lasagna was one of the first meals I wanted when I came home from my mission. I dreamt about it. Zac wanted to call this "Butterfly Pasta" so you can call it that if you want to. It really does taste like lasagna without all the effort.

Skillet Lasagna
from Sisters' Stuff

1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove minced garlic
1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes, undrained
1 1/4 cups water
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups bow tie pasta, uncooked
1 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Dash basil, pepper

In large skillet, brown beef with onions and garlic; drain. Add tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, parsley, basil, oregano, and salt. Mix well. Stir in uncooked pasta. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover, simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring once. Stir in cottage cheese. Cover with and Parmesan cheese, and sprinkle in basil and pepper to taste if desired. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.

No comments: