Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Peanut Butter Popcorn

Yesterday my kids came home from playing and said they wanted to go to so and so's house to watch a movie and eat peanut butter popcorn. (First of all I'm relieved my kids are finally listening to me about asking before they go into someone's house). Well, it was almost 6 pm and dinner was almost ready so I didn't think it was such a great idea. So I told them we could make some peanut butter popcorn today. Luckily the internet is full of recipes and I found several for peanut butter popcorn but this is the one that I decided was it. It was really good and my kids loved it. I could eat a ton myself (unfortunately). I just used microwave popcorn since my air popper died years ago. That worked but made it more fattening.

Peanut Butter Popcorn
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 6-8 cups popped popcorn

    1. In small pan melt together corn syrup and sugar.
    2. Add peanut butter and melt.
    3. Be careful not to boil mixture too much, the peanut butter will start to burn.
    4. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
    5. Stir mixture over popcorn.

    1 comment:

    Sara and Company said...

    So, so easy, fun for the kids to help with, and absolutely yummy-licious! Warning....don't plan on having it hang around for too long! Loved it. Thanks!