Tom's already publicizing my blog for me. At a dinner party last night one of the girls wanted the recipe for the salad dressing I made with my salad and he told her to check my recipe blog. And what a recipe blog it is! A whole 3 recipes now! But anyway, here's that recipe so I won't disappoint.
Green Salad with Almonds
1 lg head red leaf lettuce
1 medium red onion, sliced into rings
1 11 oz can mandarin oranges
1 small jicama, peeled and cut into strips
4 oz sliced almonds
3 T sugar
Place 1st 4 ingredients in salad bowl and chill. In small skillet sprinkle sugar over almonds and cook until almonds are coated and sugar is dissolved (they brown quickly). Place in small bowl and allow to cool. Mix dressing in shaker jar and chill. Pour over salad and almonds.
Dressing:
½ t grated orange peel
1/3 c fresh orange juice
2 T red wine vinegar
½ c vegetable oil
2 T sugar
1 T good seasons Italian dressing dry mix
1 comment:
Angie--This is an excellent salad! I'm glad you enjoy it, too. I'm really happy to go into your blog for family dinners when I want something new and different! Keep it up!
Post a Comment