Saturday, September 6, 2008

Grilled Pizza

I've made grilled pizzas a few times but recently ran into this recipe and it reminded me how easy and good they are. Another thing I love about grilled pizza is you can put about anything on them. Plus my kids love them because I make them individually sized. And they like pizza. I just use any pizza dough recipe. This one here is quick and easy so it's the one I usually use. Feel free to replace some flour with whole wheat flour.

Pizza Crust
  • 1 package active dry yeast (or 2 1/4 t)
  • 1 t white sugar
  • 1 c warm water
  • 2 1/2 c flour
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 1 t salt
In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round.


So like I said I make them small so everyone gets their own. Brush them with olive oil on both sides (or just spray with cooking spray). Place on a hot grill. Each side only takes about 5 minutes or less. After you flip it over is when you need to put the toppings on it. Make sure you cook any toppings before you put them on the pizza (ie. sausage). Do what you like. The night I made this we put pizza sauce, sausage, spinach, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. And the kids got plain pizza sauce, pepperoni, and cheese. It's a hit with everyone.

1 comment:

Sara and Company said...

Longing for a grill, this still sounded oh so wonderful. And it was! Thanks for reminding me how fun personal pizzas could be. My family loved it.