
So I'm always on the lookout for an easy recipe for dinner when it's just the kids and me. And it has to be something they'll eat of course. That's the challenge. So tonight I saw a recipe for a chicken skewer and thought the novelty of that could make them eat it. Then I saw this recipe for chicken satay and realized I could call it peanut butter chicken on a stick. That's the ticket to get them to eat it. They loved the novelty of it and ate it right up. Zac even gave me a "mmmm" after his first bite. I'm ingenious.
Chicken Satay
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. (an hour might be better as one of mine set on fire)
In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, curry powder, garlic and ginger. Place the chicken breasts in the 1/2 marinade and refrigerate. Let the chicken marinate at least 30 minutes.
Reserve the other 1/2 of the marinade to baste the chicken as it grills.
Preheat a grill to medium high heat.
Weave the chicken onto skewers, then grill for 5 minutes per side, basting as it grills.
In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, curry powder, garlic and ginger. Place the chicken breasts in the 1/2 marinade and refrigerate. Let the chicken marinate at least 30 minutes.
Reserve the other 1/2 of the marinade to baste the chicken as it grills.
Preheat a grill to medium high heat.
Weave the chicken onto skewers, then grill for 5 minutes per side, basting as it grills.
1 comment:
I got together with a couple of friends yesterday and we made this with sweet sticky rice. We loved it!!! So many different flavors to it. I had to tell them all about your involvement with the FHA and how that should be credentials enough.(: We are going to keep trying out more of your recipes together.
Solveig
Post a Comment