Saturday, June 21, 2008

Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

We had a dinner party to go to last night and I had to take a dessert. Oh, what to take. I have hundreds of desserts I love but loving new recipes I tried a new one. That was a little dangerous when I was taking it somewhere and it had to be pretty and all but it worked out great and was super yummy. No pictures for this one as we were running out the door trying to be on time but I thought I'd still share it anyway. I did use frozen raspberries in this and was a little worried about that but it worked just fine. The raspberries didn't have a lot of juice so if yours do, drain the juice off. For the chocolate glaze I used 1/2 semi-sweet chocolate and 1/2 milk chocolate since I'm not a big fan of dark chocolate and that was a good middle for me. But use whatever you like. Don't think you need more of the chocolate glaze though because I actually had more than enough and too much would be just that... too much.

Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

1 prepared chocolate pie crust

8 oz cream cheese, softened

1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk

1 egg

3 T lemon juice

1 t vanilla extract

1 c fresh or frozen raspberries

chocolate glaze (see below)

Preheat oven to 350. With mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy; gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add egg, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Arrange raspberries on bottom of crust. Slowly pour cheese mixture over fruit. Bake 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Top cheesecake with chocolate glaze; chill.

Chocolate Glaze:

In small saucepan, over low heat, melt 1 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate & 1 oz milk chocolate with ¼ c whipping cream. Cook and stir until thick and smooth.

No comments: