Tom's family was in town over the weekend and I needed a quick yet wonderful dessert. These almond bars definitely fit the bill and they are super yummy. I love anything almond flavored though but I've yet to meet someone who doesn't love these. I got the recipe from a girl in our ward. She had brought these to a ward party and several people asked for the recipe. I, of course wanted a new recipe that people loved so I got it too. These are soft and have a great smooth texture to them. And to make it even better they are super easy to make. My kids loved them too, yet they love about every treat there is. (They get that from me.)
Almond Bars
2 c sugar
2 c flour
1 c butter
4 eggs
½ t salt
½ t cream of tartar
2 t almond extract
Cinnamon & sugar
Soften then butter then add the remaining ingredients. Mix together and put in a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar. Bake @ 350° for 28 minutes (they will be a little undercooked- they're best that way).
No comments:
Post a Comment