Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Butter Rolls

I know, I know everyone has their "family roll" recipe that they think is the best and so and so got it from so and so years ago. Well, this is my family's and I think it's the best and I've even tried lots of other family's. These rolls are light and fluffy and amazing. They make great cinnamon rolls too. The. best. roll. recipe. ever.

Butter Rolls

4 ½ t yeast

2 c lukewarm water

2 T sugar and 1 c sugar

6 eggs well beaten

1 c butter

1 ½ t salt

8-10 c flour

Mix 2 c water, 2 T sugar, and yeast. Let sit until bubbly. Add beaten eggs and remainder of sugar and butter. Mix well. Add sifted flour and salt. Mix well. Let rise until double. Knead gently. Divide into 4 parts. Roll out like pie crust in 12" circle. Cut in 12 pie shaped pieces. Roll up starting from big end. Place on greased cookie sheet. Let rise 2-3 hours (until double) and bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes.



No comments: