I made this dessert for family dinner yesterday. When I told Abbi what it was called she asked, "Is that like Sunny Delight?" I just laughed and told her not really. Later when my brother asked her what I made for dessert she told him, "Lemon Sunny". If you like lemon pie you like this. It's just more fattening I'm sure, but it's yummy. It calls for lemon pie filling but I just made my own since I didn't want to pay $3 for a can of it. If you do make your own pie filling just make sure it cools completely before you put it on the cream cheese layer. I also used real whip cream because why use cool whip when you can have the real stuff.
Lemon Delight
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (21 ounce) can lemon pie filling
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 7x11 inch baking dish, combine flour, melted butter and half of pecans. Spread mixture evenly and bake 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool completely. In medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled crust. Chill 30 minutes in refrigerator. Spread lemon pie filling over chilled dessert. Spread whipped topping over lemon filling, and top with remaining pecans. Refrigerate until serving.
Here's the lemon pie filling recipe I used:
Here's the lemon pie filling recipe I used:
1 1/4 c. sugar
3 tbsp. cornstarch
3 tbsp. flour
Dash of salt
1 1/2 c. hot water
3 slightly beaten egg yolks
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. lemon peel
1/3 c. lemon juice
3 tbsp. cornstarch
3 tbsp. flour
Dash of salt
1 1/2 c. hot water
3 slightly beaten egg yolks
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. lemon peel
1/3 c. lemon juice
Mix first 4 ingredients, add hot water slowly, stir and cook on high until boiling. Reduce heat, cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks, add to hot mixture. Boil again and cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat and add butter, lemon peel and lemon juice. Mix well, cool and fill pie shell.
No comments:
Post a Comment